Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic, worth a punt?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2011
Re: Grand Scenic, worth a punt?

Originally Posted by nick31 View Post
Thanks mate, much appreciated.
Everything appeared to work, but i did notice the handbrake is quite noisy when it goes on and off. Is this normal?

Not sure if i could stomach 28mpg though, but i am tempted to go for it - its a lot of car for the money.

Oh one other thing - The switch for the panoramic roof - If you press it, what is that supposed to do?
The handbrake is audible, but I like that as I am then sure it has applied itself.

The mpg is poor I think, but I have a bit of an issue with mine running a bit hesitatingly, so I am trying to sort out why. I expect the mpg to get better once it is running better, but not as high as the 36mpg I was getting with my old 2.0 Scenic.
The dci will give better economy, but there seems to be a lot of posts on here regarding turbo problems.

The button on the sunroof, you use that to open the sr to a pre determined amount. You can choose by how much, but it's just lazy.
I haven't noticed any creaking on my sr, except for a few minutes in the freezing weather because the seals are frozen. Car warms up, all fine. The sr was one of the things that I searched for when I was looking for my car, I love it.

Haree makes a good point about the timing belt, the car you are looking at is a 54 plate so is due a change. 400 job, so worth a haggle if not done.

Out of interest, how much are they asking?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nick31 (26th January 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome