Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Intermittant Starting Problems

View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Intermittant Starting Problems

I'm not sure if anone can help me but I am at my wits end!!!
It started nearly a year ago, I turned the key to start my Renault Megane fIJI 2002 and nothing absolutely nothing! I turned it a few more times ( as a woman does ) and it started, no struggling from the batery but a normal start. It was ok for a while and the problem returned, I bought a new battery, then the 4 new coil packs, this didnt solve the problem. I say problem but it doesn't happen all of the time, maybe once a day, once a week or once a month, at the moment its every day!!! I took my car to the garage and I couldnt believe they couldnt find anything wrong, they had taken off the starter motor, cleaned it and put it back on ( they didnt want to replace as they said they didnt think it would solve my problem ), they dont think its the ignition switch (again didnt want to replace it as they didnt think it would solve my problem). They words of advice were .... Wait until the problem progresses, well I dont know about anyone else but how frustrating is it after a days work having to wonder if the cars going to start ( sometimes it can take me 10 minutes turning the key and the damn thing just starts)... Any help would be sooooooo much appreciated. Thanks yo everyone in advance.
Currently in SusanElliott's garage:
2002 Renault Megane Fidji 5 door
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome