Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane senic 11

Thread: megane senic 11
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2011
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Re: megane senic 11

Originally Posted by davrav View Post
am looking to buy a 2003-2004 megane senic with a auto box anything i need to look out for ?
Make sure the auto box is smooth and changes gear when you expect it to,try all of the different settings to it as well.

Check the dash read-out,failures are common and although Renault subsidise the repair so you will pay a maximum of 100 for a new replacement fitted,it's definately a bargaining point if the one you look at is failing.

If it's a petrol engine,make sure you get the chance to listen to the engine from a cold start up,any rattling from the top end of the engine and the dephaser pulley will need changing.Make sure the cambelt has been changed on any car over 5 years old no matter what the mileage (they are due at 72k as well).

Check all the electrics in the car,especially the windows as they can suffer from water ingress and this causes allsorts of other problems.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things that I've forgotten,hopefully someone else will be along to offer their thoughts in a minute.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome