Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #138 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

I have a 52 plate clio extreme & has been very reliable until lately. I had no electrical problems ever but last Dec'2010 had similar fault to yours and my motor used to cut out when came to a halt.

Mechanic did his diagnostic & located about 5 faults. He did'nt fix any but cleaned out the throttle body as heavily soiled. There was no change but I booked it in for a full service. After which the car became worse (misfiring / losing power). Took in to garage for more checks cus thought it was a different problem & there were several additional faults to those diagnosed before.

As i was very worried & mechanic advised as misfiring he'd change " ignition Coil "; this may sort out other problems. He charged 190 part/labour & reset the cars onboard computer.

It was running like a dream for about a week then original fault came back & I was stranded in peak hour traffic cus it just died on me.

Mechanic seems to think it's a prob' with throttle & to bring it in again to do more checks.
Currently in clioextremelover's garage:
clio extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome