Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Owners Manual

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 15th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Manual success

Thankyou OG. Sent a letter to Renault UK with a cheque for a fiver and a couple of days later recieved a phone call asking for the chassis number (forgot to include it with the letter), told em and recieved a copy of the correct manual within a couple of days again. Top class service. The manual is only a phtocopy of the original but it is presented in a binder and i assume is the same physical size as an original.
Back to the car though. I have been hearing a knocking noise from the front drivers wheel area. It only happens when freewheeling either in gear with clucth down or out of gear and clutch up or down. It makes no difference if the brakes are applied so its not them and also no difference if you turn the steering. I does happen when changing gear (whilst the clutch is down) but stops after. Am thinking it could be something to do with the drive shaft maybe or the clutch itself. Anyone with a similar problem. It still drives very well and does not seem to be getting worse but would love to sort it out.
Can anyone recomend a good tyre. They have a few miles left in them but there is quite a lot of road noise. They are Goodyear GT2 215 x 65 R 15s
Currently in blocky's garage:
2000 grande espace 2.2 td
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome