Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scénic 15DCI 2010 28MPG ????

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scénic 15DCI 2010 28MPG ????

Hi gardengnome
Thanks for your reply although it’s not good for your Dad or I, I am pleased someone else is having the same problem as me as this may show to be a manufactures fault? Which would be retrievable in a compensatory way i.e. loss of MPG in monitory value should there not be a solution.
I have taken this up with Renault and contacted Thierry Sybord at ' who is the managing director. I gave all the itemised details i.e. Miles covered diesel used etc. I was contacted back by Customer Care who promised to do their best to come to solution.
The main Reading City Renault dealer rang us very soon after and an appointment as been for the 7th Feb 2011 for an expert technician to try to find the reason. I would suggest you email the highest person (MD) first with detailed miles covered, diesel used and your situation and take it from there. I will let you know the outcome of the technicians report once I get it.
I think we may not be the only ones with this problem and the more people that let the managing director know the quicker the solution?
One tip keep all you diesel receipts and a tally of how much gal used to the mileage covered.

Just a note about our car the mileage now is around 4500 and overall I am getting around 29mpg.

I have driven 1419 miles ÷ 49.28 gal = 28.79MPG
400miles of the above was motorway
This is not acceptable as it represents a loss of £900 a year on 12000 miles which I am sure you are aware of.
Please keep in touch my email address is should you need to contact me.
Currently in wardsuk's garage:
Scenic Privilege Tom Tom 1.5dCi (CX10TNF)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome