Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #118 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Re: Renault Megane Scenic suspension noise?

Originally Posted by View Post
Whislt away on holiday last week my Scenic developed a noise coming from the rear drivers side of the car. Every time I go on a non smooth surface (bumps) I hear a noise, at first I thought one of the exhaust mounts had gone but this is not the case. Before I take a spanner to the rear end as it were, could the noise be a worn out shock absorber and that the damping is non existent ?

Megan Scenic 1.6 Sport 2000.

hi there, does the back end look lower to the floor than usual,tyres closer to the rear arches, i had a problem and it ended up being that one of the rear torsion bars on the rear axle had corroded and snapped, ended up having to replace the back axle with one from a breakers yard, but be careful if it is that as i found out that there are quite a few different types of these back axles(ended up exchanging mine 3 times as it was the wrong one lol), take it to a garage as they will find it easier on the ramps to check, hope this helps you, regards, chris
Currently in gizmo270669's garage:
laguna II 1.9 dci 2003 and clio 1.2 dymanique 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome