Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dented! - By a moron in a carpark

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 15th August 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by AndyF1
I take it you got a crime number John? If not then the collar number of the officer you dealt with.
I'm pretty sure the police would help you with this because they can't abide idiots either.
On top of that, did you check your insurance to see if it covers you for 'uninsured loss' this is sometimes an optional extra but some comprehensive policies include it as standard so as to help the insurance company themselves recover their loses usually by legal means.
A guy once t-boned into me on a roundabout but weirdly claimed it was 100% my fault. My insurance company threatened to take him and his insurers to court at no cost to me due to the uninsured loss section of the policy - His insurers backed down a week before it got to court after they saw the very detailed accident report put together by a retired traffic cop working for my insurers.
This happened about 15 years ago so things may have changed.
I fully understand the hell you'll be going thru over this at the moment (I hardly slept for 6 months!) but keep the faith and self-belief - you will win.
Cheer's Andy... all this happened 3 months ago, so I'm well over it now and have moved on. But yes a few sleepless nights....
I have a crime number and all the legal cover etc..... and its in the hands of the lawyers. Insurance company are currently chasing the Ploice report. Luckily I took my car to the Police on the day of the incident and they took photo's of the damage and have the CCTV footage on a DVD.
Just a case of sitting back and waiting 6-9 months for the legal process to take its course.
Hopefully in 12 months time I should be sitting here with my NCB reinstated and a cheque for a few hundred quid banked.... But never know once lawyers are involved, there are that many loop holes etc....
So, I sold the Saab the minute it was repaired and am currently enjoying low cost motoring in the form of my Megane. I just wish I could have afforded to have paid to get the damage sorted myself and avoided all the hassel - It was only a car, I appreciate that, but the whole incident has ruined my summer. Just wish the other paty could appreciate the hassel and stress they have caused.
Glad you got your car sorted! Cheers

Currently in Johnwg's garage:
2004 Megane Sport Hatch 1.4 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome