Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Espace 3 - How To Replace Pollen Filters

29K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  hondo 
#1 ·
Hi All,

After replacing both my pollen filters on my Espace today i thought i would do a guide to help others,

On the Espace Mk III there are 2 pollen filters located under the bonnet of the car behind 2 black steel covers found on the bulk head in each corner just below the dash speakers on the dash,

Drivers Side Filter Location

Passenger Side Filter Location

To remove these steel plates you will need to use these below to remove the 4 torque style screw holding them in place and the size you need is T27,

Once you have the 4 screw removed from each plate you just need to pull the plates and the rubber seals away to reveal the filter location,

Plate and seal Removed

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

Once you have this done its just a case of pulling the old filters out,

New & Old filter after onlt one year....Yuk!

Once you have the old filter pulled out its time to push the new ones in making sure the vertical lines of the filter are running from front to rear and the filter is placed up in pointing in the right direction of air flow which is indicated on the side of the filter,

Air Flow Indicator

Passenger side

Once you have this done on both sides its time to replace the seal and the plates back on and tighten them up,

Job Done!

Hope this helps Donald

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: 02 Espace Mk III Pollen Filter Replacment With Pic's

another great guide thats sure to help people out!

btw is that just a years worth of muck on that filter?
Cheers Stef,

As much i said it was a year on the thread it wasn't it was actually only 9 Months:crazy:as when i did my yearly service last year in April i didn't change the filters until the end of June:crazy:

Cheers Donald

#5 ·
Re: 02 Espace Mk III Pollen Filter Replacment With Pic's

I finally got round to having a look at the filters on my Espace,especially as the air flow from the heater was p1ss poor and the screen had a tendency to steam up if the fans were switched off.When looking at the photos below,keep in mind that my car has a full main dealer service history......:rolleyes:

And this one says it all........I guess the various dealers that have worked on the car forgot to change the filters........

Needless to say the heater is now much better and the 'steaming up' situation is much improved.:)

#7 ·
They may have forgotten to change them but I bet they didn't forget to charge for them:devil:

My old Lagana was a company car and the service history said they had changed the pollen filter every time it went in for anything to be done, and that was quite often.

I would check them after the work and they were only changed on major services. Just glad I wasn't paying the service bills. Came to over 8k in the first 2 years alone :crazy:

#8 ·
its maybe about time i looked at the pollen filter on my car, windows are getting to be a nightmare with steaming up if the fan is off for 5 minutes. filter hasnt been changed in 2 and a bit years, i dont want to tempt fait though and make it leak(as every old focus does). although i did find the cure to a problem that ford wanted £50 for a new filter cover...

nice job though lag, filter looks like it might have things growing in it:rofl:

#17 · (Edited)
Yep the Megane heater on a RH drive car IMO is crap whereas on the passenger side LH side of the car according to my other half was roasting. You can prove this yourself, just take a look at the heating vents under the dash, there are more outlets on the LH side than the RH side.

===================================================
Edit

BTW My Megane was brand new, I sort of complained to the dealer asking if the foot-well heater vents could be reversed to bias the majority of the heat to the drivers side. "Nope" was the reply, they even mentioned a number of other purchaser had asked the same or similar question. TBH on the whole the car got hot enough in general, just the feet area was my complaint.

===================================================

My current Toyota is 10 time better at heating on the drivers side, it fair fetches the skin off your feet, the climate control is indicated in degrees C & goes up to 30C & then High :eek:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.