Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Key Card Problem's

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st September 2005 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Key Card Problem's

Anyone had similar problems.

Drove up the road and pulled into a space. Pressed the stop button and removed the key card, engine still running
As I was in a hurry I didn’t take any notice of the engine stopping after pressing the button but I did remove the card just a second after pressing the stop button. Only did I notice when I opened the door and with the key in my hand that the engine was still rolling. The engine did stop when I pressed the button, so I reinserted the key card and "Insert Card" on dash. Removed it and re inserted it, and all was ok.
Could this be a fault with the Card or the ECU ? The last two glitch's I had was when I started the engine and drive off but I was getting beeping as if I didn’t have my seat belt on, which it was, the satnav did not power up either. After stopping and removing the key and then restarting it was ok.
The other was when i inserted the card and my fuel gauge stopped just above the red mark and "Low Fuel" on the dash. knowing very well there was half a tank left. After removing the card and re inserting it a few times the needle shot up to half way.

Currently in Bigstu's garage:
Laguna II 2.2 DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by Bigstu
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2.2 DCI Starting problem Engines doormandan 9 4288 18th November 2008 01:59 PM
Battery Fuse rating Electronics TDI 2 2793 11th April 2007 07:55 PM
Where's my f@k!n Diesel gone Engines Neil. 9 3065 14th March 2007 10:58 PM
Search for the Angel Fog Lamp's Bodywork spirochete 6 2318 20th November 2006 06:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome