Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Interiors - Alarm keeps going off - Espace

View Single Post
post #67 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace - Interiors - Alarm keeps going off - Espace

I only know about the MK3 Espace or Grande Espace. The boxes etc that control it are under the top of the main dash. To get at it, carefully lever off the speaker covers left and right, then undo three screws on each side and carefully lift offf the dash top, taking care to unplug the speaker wires. Mine has a Thatcham CAT1 Cobra alarm. Siren is a black box with a 5 amp fuse in it. Remove the fuse and alarm will stop working. There is a black screw to adjust the sensitivity, but I would be careful messing with it, if you turn it the wrong way, people walking past will set the thing off! There is another post on this forum about how to adjust sensitivity, I think you turn the screw to the left to reduce it, but Cobra are very helpful - just call them if you happen to find you have a Cobra unit under the dash.

Main issue with the Cobra alarm I have is the sensors above the rear taligate just inside the door top centre, they get knocked and damaged. I just unplugged and removed mine - no more issues and the rest of the system still works fine, BUT if anyone gets in via the tailgate I guess I am screwed!!

I have had no issues with door sensors so far, but I also have no clue how to turn off the interior sensors - they can be set off by the smallets fly!

Hope this is of some help
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome