Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane Coupe - Phase II - Electronics - Connecting Pioneer Avic x1r to speedometer

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 21st September 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Don't know where the speed sensor wire is in the Megane but I can tell you I found out it's the black wire connected to PIN 1 in the Laguna GT connector (the A one), maybe they are the same if Renault standardised the looms.

The crimp in the AVIC box is blue and has space for two wires. You open it, push the speed wire in one of the spaces, then the corresponding wire from the nav unit (pink wire) into the other space. Close the clamp tight.

My speed sensor wire was too thin for the clamp and was not making contact, but to tell you the truth I found the error in the GPS to be minimal even without speed information if you have good reception. Regardless, it seems to me the system uses the average speeds already in to calculate arrival times rather than feeding from the speed sensor.

In my case I had to cut the speed sensor wire out of the loom and connect it with normal crimps.

Last edited by sbaffi; 21st September 2005 at 06:07 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome