Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2004 1.2 Clio Dynamique Issues

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy 2004 1.2 Clio Dynamique Issues

Hi, I'm new to the forum and a new Clio owner.
I bought my 2004 1.2 Renault Clio Dynamique 16v Petrol about 3 weeks ago. When I bought it, it was a really smooth and a lovely drive. However it now doesn't feel the same to drive.

The steering feels quite light compared to how it was to start with. The gears seem to struggle and it takes a while to build up speed in 1st gear and makes quite a noise, at the moment I have to try to get into 2nd gear as fast as possible. I don't think the car is making any unusual noises but it's just the feel of it.

The gear stick has started juddering whenever in gear whereas it didn't to begin with - which form reading from the forum isn't that big a deal.It also feels as though I can feel what's going on in the gear box in the pedals..if that makes sense. Kind of feels like you can feel the texture of the road in all the pedals. I love my new car but the gears/clutch? is scaring me a bit especially as I use my car to commute to work every day. It's quite hard to describe the feel of the car but I hope it is enough that someone may know what's wrong with it. Any ideas would be amazing. ThankYou!
Currently in pixiequeen87's garage:
2004 Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by pixiequeen87
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2004 1.2 Clio Dynamique Issues Cars & motoring madnoel10 4 5396 15th February 2011 04:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome