Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacement brakes on Renault Scenic 1.9 DCi Dynamique

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Replacement brakes on Renault Scenic 1.9 DCi Dynamique

You can't go wrong with original equipment stuff, but there is also nothing wrong with high quality aftermarket either, sometimes better than oe.
Apec discs I have found to be very good, Brembo are top notch, and any of the renowned brake manufacturers like for example ferodo etc., should also be a good bet. HOWEVER Mintex I would recommend to stay away from after purchasing discs and drums that were out of true from new causing bad brake judder and an 'earthquake' in the car!! (The drums could not be returned as the pearings had been pressed in and don't come back out without damage, the discs I had left for a few month without fitting and had lost the receipt) I'm geberally not impressed by any of their stuff I've had my hands on either, they are like low end pattern parts.
EBC pads I do highly recommend, had many sets of the 'ultimax' std road pads now, work out cheaper than or equivalent to your general pattern part pads (with the cost of postage included) and they perform very well. Feel like std from cold, but behave more like a 'fast road' pad by getting stronger as they get hot, so on fast A and B roads when you need them, the brakes get better! I get them from brakes4u online iirc.
Currently in andydci's garage:
Scenic Dci, grand scenic 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome