Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #143 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Originally Posted by no-va-va-voom View Post
Hi there,

I have the same problem as reported originally by sixteen_valve_vanessa.

The electronic fault light comes on (sometimes with the engine light to the far right of the dashboard) and the car loses power and goes into limp home mode. The fault is intermittent.

To clarify:
  • I have had no problems starting the car at all and it ticks over nicely (when not in limp home mode!).
  • I have already had the engine wiring loom replaced about 3 weeks ago as I took it Renault and they said the anti-tamper box had chafed it. They left the box off and taped up all the new wires.

I'm desperate for a solution to this problem and I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this thread. Please can anybody help?

I don't know if it helps to know this but the problem only started after I went to Renault to replace the UCH due do my indicators being faulty...
Update since my last post. Have had it back into the garage and they've inspected all wiring. They say they have found the fault is with the throttle potentiometer. Does this sound likely?
Currently in no-va-va-voom's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome