Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault grand scenic AUTO - Need to find someone who has a demonstrator

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault grand scenic AUTO - Need to find someone who has a demonstrator

Originally Posted by Haree View Post

I would 2nd what Emily's Dad said. I will ask my local Renault dealer in Margate if they can help out at all, but not making any promises. You said it must be auto. What engine are you after. Diesel auto's tend to be more rare then petrol auto's in the Scenic range. Also I know this is a Renault forum but does your next car have to be a Renault. I expect you have been very happy with your Scenic but might be worth test driving and considering some other makes such as Vauxhall Meriva, Kia soul, Citroen C4 Picasso and Ford Focus C Max all medium sized MPV's with a high driving postion and all available as diesel auto.

Thanks Haree, but I think you have misread my first post a little bit.

My next car doesn't have to be a renault, but thru 30 years of driving, the cars I have enjoyed most have all been renaults. I'm giving up a Megane ST (not Scenic), and will be really sorry to see it go. I would have another like a shot, but it isn't available in my price bracket right now.

So my Renault dealer has suggested the Grand Scenic. Which is why I want to test drive one ...
And thanks for offering to ask your local dealer, but Margate is a bit far fdrom Nottingham ...

I'm not worried what engine the test vehicle has, it's cabin layout and visibility that bothers me most right now.

I am considering other makes BTW, but the lack of auto demonstrators hits me every where. Ford can't find me an auto C-Max to test either, and I DON'T want a vauxhall ever again . Only SEAT can offer me a test drive on my chosen model ....
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome