Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Swap Mégane for Avantime??

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 16th February 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Swap Mégane for Avantime??

Thanks Nick, reliability isn't such a high priority... I wouldn't be driving a Renault if it was! But I hear what you're saying, the Vel Satis has the worst reputation of the 2 I think.

Hugh, nice to hear from an owner! I got chatting to the owner of the only one I have EVER seen in NI the other day. It was mad to see his Avi parked beside my Meg, completely dwarfed it. He said coils are the only problem he's had. He took my number, said he might be selling in the summer.

In the mean time, a 3.0 Privilege in red has popped up on the Avantime forum for sale for £2500!! Getting more and more appealing....

I got insurance for my 2.0 Meg when I was 17, so now that I'm 19 maybe I'm entitled to a V6!? If only. Insurance is the only thing holding me back.
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome