Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic screw stuck in roof bar mounts

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th February 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Plastic screw stuck in roof bar mounts

I have just joined although have sought advise and guidence form this forum for a few years now. I currently own from new a Renault Scenic 1500DCi 04.

I have a slight problem hence my post. I have recenlty purchsed a set of original Alumimum roof bars secound hand for 60 bargin as they had been hardly used and considering 120 brand new, iam quite pleased with myself. I have been able to remove three of the four plastic screws, the forth however snapped and i have tried alsorts to remove the bit that is stuck. In my last attempt i hammered gently a small screw driver into the middle of the plastic screw, however instead of the screw driver cutting the plastic screw it pushed it further into the whole. Now i am stuck. I have also noticed that the whole is a nut that looks like it is welded onto a large washer, can this nut be removed or am i completly knacked.

Cheers for any help it would be greatly recieved.
  5 Lastest Threads by shady09
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Compatable Car Stereos for a 2004 Renault Megane In-car entertainment shady09 0 627 20th May 2014 06:30 PM
Plastic screw stuck in roof bar mounts Bodywork PaulRushforth 9 2962 17th February 2011 01:03 PM
Hi everyone. Welcome to RenaultForums shady09 2 627 17th February 2011 12:55 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome