Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pedal feel after changine rear brakes!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Pedal feel after changine rear brakes!

Just want to allay any fears I may have!

I changed the rear discs and pads on the Scenic today. I wound back the piston using a wind back tool with the reservoir cap removed. Now, to me, the pedal feels rather spongy although I've driven it round the block and it seems to stop ok. When stationary, if you press really hard on the pedal it'll go all the way to it's mechanical stopping point and it'll 'hiss' when you depress this normal?

What I should have done is tested what it felt like before I changed everything. Now, I'm used to the brakes on the Subaru which are rock solid so it may well be me and the pedal on the Scenic is fine I'm assuming it's fine as I didn't undo any bleed nipples etc so I can't see that there was anyway for any air to get into the system!!

Oh, and I topped up the reservoir and but the cap back on

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
  5 Lastest Threads by scatz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scatz is upgrading! [Pic Heavy] My mottah! scatz 18 3577 11th March 2014 10:54 AM
Exhaust blow is driving me nuts! Exhausts scatz 8 2199 22nd August 2013 04:02 PM
Where are all the Mk1 V6 Laguna's? General Chat pauljackie 5 1927 24th July 2013 05:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome