Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Heater Fan Not Working*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Heater Fan Not Working*FIXED*

Hi there, I had similar problems, starting off with no blower on any of the speeds. So I followed the instructions on this thread for removing the driver's scuttle (took me a while to realise I could just pull the black plastic screw out ). then unclipped the resistor pack and replaced the thermal fuse (99p + postage on Ebay ) took out and checked the blower motor by removing the two screws from the back and sliding the motor out of the plastic housing and connecting directly to a 12v car battery (careful how you hold the unit when doing this, I suspended it on string), gave all the connections a bit of a squirt with WD40 and stuck it all back together.

Result; I now have number 4 speed but no others, so looks like I need to replace either the resistor or the relay (which is in the fuse bay by the battery, yellow one). If anyone knows a way to test which it might be please let me know.

Currently in pistanbroke's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome