Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Espace - Stop Light and Battery Light come on *fixed*

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Espace - Stop Light and Battery Light come on *fixed*

Originally Posted by chris m View Post
Keep us updated
I had the same problem whilst on holiday in Devon last year. The same warning light came on and I had severely reduced power. I suspected a problem with the alternator not charging so went and bought a charger to use until I got back home.
This did the trick for a day or so as I put it on charge each night but whilst returning from a day out it did it again and the engine died.
In the middle of nowhere and without a mobile signal I had to leave the family and walk several miles to get a signal. To cut a long story short, we had to be trucked back to our holiday home and the next day paid 300 to have the car trucked back home as the local dealer diagnosed a knackered alternator and a delivery time of at least 4 weeks. The alternator is a type which also has a vacuum pump on it, apparently, hence the black hoses on the top. This meant a quote 0f 700 from my local Renault dealer. Eventually I went to a local independent garage who were able to do it for 460.
Currently in floydiandream's garage:
2004 Renault Espace 1.9dci dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome