Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #158 of (permalink) Old 19th February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Our grand scenic 1.9 diesel had the heater poisition number 4 stop working. Using the info on this thread I got through to the resistor pack behind the display panel and had a quick examination but didnt see anything obvious. A little more reading from an enlightened reader who had the hayes manual made me think is couldnt be the resistor pack as number 4 is a pass through on the resistor pack so shouldnt be a resistor failure - I examined the connector block more closely and could see on the hardness side that pin 4 connector had a slight melted look, but only very slight - was hard to spot, but it did look like the top pin of the internal metal connector was not visible, and only the bottom part was exposed, so i bent the pin on the resistor pack downwards to try and get it to connect to the lower pin part on the harness - plugged it back in, and hey presto!! So at least I know that the resistor pack is OK (tested all 4 speeds OK) so just need to replace the loom at some point - anyone know any good places on the web to buy this loom from? Tried ebay but can only see a joint resistor and loom pack for 100. Anyway thanks for all the advise in this thread - its saved me a fortune!
Currently in bootlegger's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome