Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2004 1.2 Clio Dynamique Issues

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 21st February 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: 2004 1.2 Clio Dynamique Issues

Update on my car issues: I took my car into the garage on Friday and managed to get someone there to drive it to get a feel for what I meant about the juddering and various other issues, as it***8217;s quite hard to explain. However, the ***8216;mechanic***8217; said it didn***8217;t feel too bad and after checking it over with the computer and having a quick look he said he couldn***8217;t find anything wrong with it. When I asked him about the steering being light he said he prefers light steering. From my reaction to his comment he had another look at the car and within 10 minutes suggested that I may need a new steering arm and possibly 2 new tyres (one at the front and one back). He was a complete idiot so I***8217;m guessing this wouldn***8217;t make any difference to my car or solve the current problems??

Basically, the steering is much lighter than it was originally and it feels like it***8217;s in the wrong gear sometimes, Since ***8217;Ive also noticed that sometimes when first setting off or reversing there is a clunk sound coming from the back of the car?? Eek. I will be taking my car to a different garage the end of this week.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!!
Currently in pixiequeen87's garage:
2004 Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome