Thread: Door Locks
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Re: Door Locks

Hi all,

My 1998 Megane has decided to do this!

First of all the door didn't unlock through the central locking but would unlock via pulling the needle up from the inside.

So I then decided to sort this problem out. Reading previous posts I can see the solenoid weakening/breaking is a common problem.
Mine has the same fault.

I removed the door lock and solved the problem, replaced the door card, locked and unlocked the car, the door would open. Then bam, wouldn't open again

So once again I took out the door card, removed the solenoid (wasn't easy!)

So after a while of pulling at the release mechanisms manually (removing inner and outer door handle) it doesn't open still. I went to a scrap yard and wrestled at taking a working one out (10), just so I can see how the thing works as visibility is at the very minimum and to replace it if I get the old one out!

Working out that a moving part could be at fault that isn't letting the lock release, I tried to make it move with a long thin flat headed screw driver but hasn't worked.

The door locks by moving the arm that the solenoid is meant to be moving, but the thing wont open!

I am totally stuck as through reading this I have tried it all! Spent too much time with nothing to show!

Any extra help is recieved gratefully!
Currently in Ninja_Goat's garage:
1998 Renault Megane 1.4RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome