Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Front Suspension Noise/Vibration*fixed*

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 23rd February 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Front Suspension Noise/Vibration*fixed*

Originally Posted by abdr1 View Post
Hi, check out the upper engine mounting (rh side of engine). If you can squeeze a finger (or anything) between the top of the rubber and the underside of the black metal cover then the mounting has collapsed. This cured the similar vibration on my car. Downside is that the cheapest mounting I could find was 84 incl postage....upside was that it only took mr 1 hour to change!
Hi there, Can you let me know what year and phase scenic you have please ? I have a squeeky type noise coming from the front of my 2007 mk2 phase2scenic, but it only happens when I go over speed bumps. You say as quoted above that you changed the top engine mount and stopped a squeeky noise. Do you mean the engine mounting that is located on the drivers side and connected to engine around the cam case cover ? Would you let me know please as someone has suggested antiroll bar bushes but apparently its a lot of work to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance
Currently in skidoo's garage:
2007 Renault Scenic II 1.6 vvt
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome