Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT abroad...

Thread: MOT abroad...
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 17th August 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nick's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,579
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks: 5
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanks Andy,

To register it here in France, one needs a 'control Technique Cert' etc..

Assuming I had got the R.H.Dip lights fitted (still on UK plates), could I then take it to get a 'Control Technique station' to get that little piece of paper that would enable me to register it here?

Or have I got to trundle back to Dover, or wherever, to get an MOT (with LH Dip lights)? Then change the lights for RH Dip when I bring it back here?

Selling it may be the best option if I do have to go back to the UK, but after spending a lot on it (new turbo , intercooler et al)I want to get my moneys worth and run it into the ground - or a tree....

Would appreciate your opinion on the above tho!
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
Nick is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome