Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 9 month old Clio, write off?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down 9 month old Clio, write off?

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to this forum, but looking for some advice! I have a Motability Clio, which is a 10 plate... shes been fine until I had an accident in her!
Swerved to hit a fox coming down a wide new road, which has those light up bollard things and the kerby bit around it. Didnt realise how close I was to it, and scuffed it when swerving to avoid said fox.

Now the damage? Its crazy... well, I think so! I was doing 24 mph which has been proven. But after a primary check carried out on it...

2 wishbones snapped straight off, and 1 or more ball joints come out. No steering on the car, handbrake pulls right up and does nothing, though the cable is intact. Brakes apparently are dodgy, but I don't now how bad. And front two alloys are buckled.

Okay, so the picture makes it look worse - the recovery man had to try and pull the car onto the tow truck whilst front two wheels are snapped off and facing the wrong way.

Possible write off? Worried sick! Just needing advice on whats likely to happen, as I've been told it could be a while to get fixed (and this was before they saw it).

Thanks for your help in advance!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	12196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	12197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car6.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	12198  
  5 Lastest Threads by elzpop
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Any idea on the parts needed for this? Cars & motoring tahrey 5 1475 21st August 2011 04:27 PM
Write off? Cars & motoring tahrey 6 1858 21st August 2011 10:57 AM
9 month old Clio, write off? Cars & motoring Lagdti 6 2261 26th February 2011 12:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome