Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault megane cabrio roof problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2011
Unknown Rob
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: renault megane cabrio roof problem

Hi all, I have a 52 reg megane cabrio (bought yesterday!) and aleady have an issue-hope this isnt the sign of things to come, ive been saving for this car and got rid of my trusty old rover for it

Basically, I didnt get a manual or anything with it, and after seeing the ribbon hanging from the back seat, I gave it a yank, thinking it may release the seats or something, but now realise it was the manual roof overide:loser:. When I press the button, I now get nothing, so I open the cover at the back and fiddle around. I can either get it open, but have to fiddle again before it closes, or get it closed but have to fiddle before it opens.

When I push my hand up the small gap where the ribbon is located I can push what feels like a metal lever. But this just seems to "lock" the whole mechanism.

Am I right in thinking I will just need to relocate the cam thing at the end of the ribbon into its cradle for all to be ok? To do this I basically need to get to the mechanism via the seats etc? I have scowered various forums in a panic and it seems this is the solution....

Thanks alot
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome