Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Cabrio Roof-help!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2011 Thread Starter
Unknown Rob
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cabrio Roof-help!

Hi all, I have just bought my first Renault today, a 52 plate megane cabrio. I have already encoutered a problem and I hope this is not the first of many as I saved hard for this and have got rid of my trusty old rover

Bottom line is I didnt get a manual or anything, and am new to upon checking the car out and having a play I noticed a tag/ribbon in the hole in the back seat. Thinking it would release the seat or something, I gave it a tug:loser: and of course since found out it was the emergency release catch for the roof.

Now my roof wont work properly
It either goes down (open) almost the whole way, but requires some fiddling about under the humped cover, OR it goes up (closed) and the same happens.

After scowering the forums and the wealth of knowledge out there it seems that I have to access the roof mechanism behind the seats (a few bots here and there?) and reset the cam in its holding arm. Is this correct? Is tehre anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance, I really hope I can sort this to fully enjoy my lovely new car
  5 Lastest Threads by Unknown Rob
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cabrio Roof-help! Bodywork Unknown Rob 0 851 26th February 2011 05:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome