Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Legal to drive after failed MOT??

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2011
Emily's dad
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Legal to drive after failed MOT??

Originally Posted by Recycled Scenic View Post
So you could get issued with a new MOT certificate that is valid for up to 13 months
Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
And yes,it is perfectly possible that you could have an MOT that runs for 13 months,you can have the car tested up to a calender month before the previous one expires.
Lag is spot on. On the front of your current MOT, in the additional information box, it states (or at least my trusted MOT tested has added) "To preserve the anniverasry of the expiry date the earliest you can present your vehicle for test is 03/12/2011."

The expiry date of my MOT is 02/01/2012, so Vosa allows you to test the car a month early. This month runs concurrently with the old MOT though.

The same is true of the first MOT at three years, you can get it done up to a month early. I know as I've just sorted the MOT on my wifes car, which isn't due its first test until the 18th March. .

People who think they know what they're doing are especially annoying to those of us who do.
Currently in Emily's dad's garage:
1999 Scenic RXE, now gone as has the Alhambra that replaced it !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome