Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of buying a scenic privilege+ 2003

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thinking of buying a scenic privilege+ 2003

I'm a newbie and need some advice please, as I'm afraid I'm not a car buff!

Background - the turbo on our 52 plated laguna 1.9 dci is rapidly going home and I'm undecided whether it's worth the grand or so that the local garage have quoted to repair. I've seen from other threads here that that's about the right price, but I'm sure my son (a mechanic) can do it in for a lot less a couple of months when he get back to the UK.

As an alternative in the meantime I've just looked at a 1.9 dci scenic privelege+ on an 03 plate, 90k, private sale, one owner, that looks very clean and seems to drive well but the owner said that the engine didn't have a turbo but something called a common rail system?

I've never heard of this - before parting with my cash I would be really grateful to hear if there any problems with this system given the mileage of the car (90k), or with this model in general?

5 Lastest Threads by theoldfella
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Thinking of buying a scenic privilege+ 2003 Cars & motoring madnoel10 3 895 2nd March 2011 12:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome