Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 2 Pre Telephone Wiring

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
There's a little multiplug tucked away in there somewhere, I think it's 6 or 8 ways and possibly yellow, though I only messed around with it once and that was a few years ago, so I could be very, very wrong. You'll need to remove the top cover of the centre console to see it - remove the ashtray and unclip the handbrake gaiter (as you already have) and unclip the gear lever gaiter at its base, then just grab the top of the panel where it's normally hidden under the armrest and give it a reasonably firm pull. Take care not to strain the wires for the switches in the panel. They're long enough to get the panel off and put it to one side without disconnecting them, just don't be too rough.

To be honest, the pre-telephone wiring is a waste of time. If your car doesn't have the voice synth, then you might just get the speaker working, but other than that I found that the microphone was useless (and an add-in one is hardly unsightly anyway) and I never did manage to locate the antenna feed. I assumed that it had been hijacked for the 'satnubbin', though I've since read that the little fin is dual-function and there should still be a GSM antenna feed tucked somewhere behind the stereo.

I ended up with a tax disc holder antenna (which wasn't brilliant, but better than no antenna at all.) I fitted the speaker inside the centre armrest (it was a little muffled, but perfectly useable) and wired my own microphone. 100 quid+ worth of official Renault hands-free kit ended up in the loft, and I went back to using my trusty old Nokia CARK-91.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome