Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Problem With Headligts

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by ZOE
At Night If I Have My Normal Headlights On. But Now I Cant Flash Anyone If I Need To. And If You Go Down Dark Country Lanes Maybe And Theres No Other Cars and You Pull The Stalk Towards You To Put On Full Beams.this Is What Doesnt Work When Headlights Are On for some strange reason.
I would associate that behaviour with the operation of the foglights.

I am understanding that what you call the normal headlights = dipped beam. These will normally work if your spot/fog lights are on.

The full/main beam on the other hand is not meant to operate when spot/fog are on because of the dazzling effect. So make sure the foglight switch is in the off position.

If any electrical work has been done in the stalk area, it is possible that some wiring has been swapped between sides and fog causing the function to change. Is this something that started recently without justification or have you only just bought the car and don't know?

I don't know if this effects your MOT certification, after all, the lights all work. Maybe one of the MOT guys can come on board and advise you.

All this aside Zoe, I don't understand why you want to go down dark country lanes flashing at people!!!

OOPS! Just re-read your 1st post and noted it is a '93... can't be a software problem I don't think.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 18th August 2006 at 11:18 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome