Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Have I got???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What Have I got???

What have I got?
I have today collected my ‘new’ car, as the left knee was getting a bit too dodgy to work the clutch in the old Landy! Also, there is little conversation due to the cab noise......
I thought a Megane was a Megane and a Scenic was a Scenic. So now I am the proud owner of a Renault Megane Scenic!! So what is going on?!?! Is it a Scenic? Is it a Megane? I thought the Meganes had the funny rear end!! There are no other name badges or stickers on it.
And of course, I don't know which group to read, Megane or Scenic!
The first few numbers of the VIN are VF1JA050xxxxxxx. It was first registered in 2003 and is a metallic rusty red colour. Talking of which, where can I find the paint code and/or colour name?
On the Spanish Registration document it has Type: JA then Variant: JA050. It is a 1.9 (1.870) diesel.
The seats have half leather. It has shiny bits on the door sills saying ‘Scenic’. The rear door glass opens separately from the rear door. The rear door has a Megane and a Scenic badge. There is a 6 CD autochanger as OE in the driver’s underseat drawer, with steering stalk controls.
All responses gratefully received!
PS – so far (8 hours and 150km) we love it!!
Currently in SUNDODGER's garage:
Scenic 2 Fairway, Land Rover Defender 90 TD5, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec. And a push bike.
  5 Lastest Threads by SUNDODGER
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
What Have I got??? Cars & motoring Emily's dad 5 2476 3rd March 2011 08:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome