Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Assorted Clio Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Assorted Clio Problems

First off I'm new here, so Hi all!

I've spent a heap of time searching threads, but can't find a solutions to my problems and think it may be one major thing causing all of the problems I've got.

So here goes...

I've recently bought a Clio Sport 1.2 16v 2001. Here's a break down of what I've had done so far and the problems I'm experiencing.

Work done:
Full Service (sparks changed, oil changed, air & oil filter changed)
Front Brake Pads & Disks replaced
Brake Fluid replaced
Auxiliary Belts replaced

About 5 times now, after turning the car on, the revs fall, the electrical warning light comes on and the car stalls. Turning it all the way off and back on the car does the same, but giving it a few revs seems to sort the problem.

When using the clutch and 1st gear to move (parking etc.) the clutch seems to judder and make a sort of banging sound

Power steering randomly becomes heavier then lighter, as and when it chooses

When slowing down, pushing the clutch down and putting first gear in there is a whirring down noise that seems to come from the gearbox

A few things to note are that I few days ago I checked under the bonnet and noticed the air intake pipe was torn, and then I spotted it wasn't even connected to the engine. I've pushed it back in now and the pipe is being replaced tomorrow.
One of the wheel bearings seems to be humming and my garage have advised to leave it a little longer until it is louder so they can identify the bearing at fault.
When my brakes were first changed they were super responsive as I expected. Last night I had a car full of passengers and suddenly they became significantly less responsive and have remained the same since. I'm taking it back to the garage tomorrow to have this sorted!

I've also noticed that it seems to idle at different speeds. Sometimes 500, sometimes 1000.

Not sure if anyone has any ideas if there may be something major at fault causing these problems or if it's just lots of different things due to the age of the car.

Thanks for any help in advance!
Currently in bradley_w_2003's garage:
2001 Clio Sport 1.2 16V
  5 Lastest Threads by bradley_w_2003
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Auxiliary Belts Rubbing on a Cover Engines bradley_w_2003 2 1010 13th August 2011 03:18 PM
Clio 1.2 16v Wiring Loom Repair/Replacement Electronics mickeybo 5 14433 13th August 2011 03:13 PM
Assorted Clio Problems Cars & motoring bradley_w_2003 18 3987 3rd March 2011 10:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome