Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Assorted Clio Problems

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2011
Re: Assorted Clio Problems

Welcome to the forum

The clutch judder is pretty common, my wife's 1.2 Modus (Clio based) has been doing that for a number of years now. You'll get used to it, and find a way to drive around it

First gear is not a synchro mesh, so changing down it will sound different to the other gears. Of course I can't hear it so that is a bit of an assumption on my part.

I wouldn't worry too much about the air intake pipe, replace it when you can, but it won't cause you any major problems.

You may have a bubble in the hydraulics that has caused the change in feel on the brakes, but of course adding a lot more weight to the car will change the way it slows down. I would suggest getting the brakes bleed again to make sure.

Your idle speed and stalling are probably related. It's probably worth cleaning the TDC sensor, but also worth having a look at the electrical loom where it enters the ECU . There is a clamp around the loom that has been known to chaff through the insulation causing random electrical problems.

Not sure about the power steering, do you think its speed related?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
bradley_w_2003 (26th March 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome