Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 2 Pre Telephone Wiring

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The official kit came in two parts - a wiring/mount kit and a phone cradle specific to your mobile model. As I recall, you couldn't buy either kit separately - you had to buy both.

The mount was a good contender for the award of "most incredibly badly designed piece of tat I've ever seen." It was a pivoting arm which stowed inside the centre armrest, taking up all the space inside and making it useless for storage. With the arm folded out, it interfered changing gear. I can only assume that they designed the mount on a car with automatic transmission.

The connector itself should have conventional wiring connections for permanent/ignition power and microphone/speaker inputs. The problem is that you really need to splice into the wiring, and (if I recall correctly) they didn't leave you much room to manoeuvre.

To be honest, I still think you'd be best off just wiring up your own microphone and speaker. You can get a good permanent live and ground from the back of the central locking switch (centre pins) and I always preferred to wire my Nokia kit up with both connections permanently powered, as it prevented the kit from switching off the phone a few seconds after you stopped the engine.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome