Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What Have I got???

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2011
Recycled Scenic
Re: What Have I got???

The paint code is on a sticker at the bottom of the driver***8217;s side door pillar on the UK RH drive models so assume it will be passengers side on LH drive models? A Renault Colour Code is typically 3, 4 or 5 digits long and can be a letter/number combination.

It can get some what confusing as to which exact model you have .

Mk1 Phase 1 (1997 to 1999)

The Scénic and the Mégane hatchback where launched in 1997 both share the same chassis. The Scénic compact MPV was mechanically identical to the Mégane hatchback both models sharing many components such as engines, gearboxes and running gear and even dashboards. On the earlier Scenic it had both Scenic and Mégane badges hence them being called Mégane Scenic

Mk 1 Phase 2 (1999 to 2003)

Along with the Mégane hatchback, the Scénic underwent a minor frontal restyle in 1999 and the newer 16-valve engines introduced. The front end was quite a bit different from the Mégane counterpart, and there were also redesigned rear lights. From the time of this restyle, it became officially known as the Renault Scénic, although a small "Mégane" badge still appeared on the rear door signifying the car's origin. The Phase 2 allowed the Scénic to be separate from the Mégane and its predecessor by introducing improvements such as a storage compartment on the dashboard, and a separate opening rear window on the tailgate. Another small improvement with the Scénic were the rear head restraints which were fixed over the back of the seat instead of being upright. This increased rear visibility.

Mk 2 Phase 1 (2003 to 2009)

The Mégane II was launched and shortly afterwards an all-new Scénic was also launched. As with Scénic I Phase 2, a raised "Mégane" logo appears on the C-pillar in tribute of the car's origin.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
SUNDODGER (6th March 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome