Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Phase 2 Information.

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Phase 2 Information.

I used to have a phase 1 megane and then found my phase 2, i prefer the look of the phase 2, it looks more smooth and refined, but maybe thats me. i'll admit i have had my fair share of problems with her though. The car used to be a 1.6 16V but some nice person before me found a williams F7R lump n plonked that in instead, which is so much fun but ive had my problems. whoever did the engine conversion didnt uprate the driveshafts or gear box, ive gone through enough drive shafts and summer last year my gearbox went, so i had the whole front end uprated to 2.0l parts and i had a disc conversion on the back, since ive had no problems so for the 2 and a bit years ive had he shes probs spent nearly a whole year off the road in all, but at the moment ive got niggly things going on, like a few of you ive got a leak which gets my passenger foot well soaked when it rains, my speedo stoped working for about a year (no milage gain a bonus ) in the end it turns out that the wires in a connector by the battery had corroded which caused this problem, after spending a whole day taking the dash apart and linking it up to my friend dignostics kit, a friend found the answer on google .
other than that the only other prob i have is one of the rear windows wont open think the motors gone, currently ive only got issues with my engine playing up hoping it just needs a good service.
Currently in lil_breeze's garage:
renault megane coupe 2.1 williams lump :)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome