Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 3 year Renault service request or not?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2011 Thread Starter
Banned User
Curveball Champion Threadstarter
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Re: 3 year Renault service request or not?

I've been back to Renault again today, I saw a different guy, and got a different price too.

Apparently my Renault dealer to compete with Fred in a shed offers 3 different levels of service

A basis oil + oil filter change Inc of clip plus 12 months of very basic AA cover = 139

An Expert + service a didn't get the chance to write down what was on offer here but inc of 12 AA as above the price was 199

Or alternatively you can have, wait for it.....

An Extra Expert Service which is the same as an Expert + but also includes Plugs. Fuel filter. & Air filter.

Theair filter isn't changed on any of the above options other than Extra Expert Service & the pollen filter isn't changed in any of the above options.

After talking with service, I made my way to the parts Dept to to price up the missing items thinking of going for the basic option then adding the rest DIY

Plugs 32.88 for four these I quote "Require changing @ 36k miles" strike that off me list.

Fuel filter remember from the above Fuel filter after looking through the computer parts list, the guy informed me I could strike that off the list too. Me, " Why?"

Response "There isn't one, the only fuel filter there is on a Megane is in the fuel tank & that would cost mega bucks to change. The pollen filter which isn't changed in any option costs 22.50.

& they have the nerve to talk about Fred in a shed!!!!

I think its time for a chat with RCS especially after looking at my Renault service history at no time as the air filter been changed during the two other prior services

Just thinking if you stopped with him during his labour Fred in a shed could well be the better option of the two.

Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome