Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 3 year Renault service request or not?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2011
Emily's dad
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: 3 year Renault service request or not?

Originally Posted by hondo View Post
My Megane is 3 years old this year and so far Iíve only covered 13,050 miles

I happened to be by Renault today & on the spur of the moment called in & made enquiries about the 3rd & last warranty service.

Last years service cost approx £180 odd pounds, this year Renault want £260 odd pounds.

Obviously I enquired what they were plannlng on doing different to last year to warrant the additional costs, they tell me the plugs will require replacing, and the car needs to go on the computer to verify that after three years all is OK.

All though at this point I said FA, I thought gone are the days of changing plugs before 24,000 K and WTF would a car that hasnít missed a beat from new require being put on the Renault computer to have no faults diagnosed.

What do you folks think?

Cheers hondo
I'm in the same boat as you with this, although I can trump the mileage. My wifes Mazda 5 is coming up for 3 years old and has just clocked up 8500 miles.
Warrranty is ending and 1st MOT due.

No way is it going back to a Mazda dealers with the price they charge for labour, and with the mileage it's done it hasn't even reached the 12500 miles for its first service.

To avoid any potential warranty problems it's already had a 12500 (year 1) and 25000 mile (year 2) service at a Mazda main dealer and now they've phoned me up telling me its due it's 37500, with all the mileage related items they want to check and change.

Took it during the week to a local independant who I've known and used for 20 years. He gave it the once over, declared it to be in perfect health, changed the oil and filter, Mot'd it, £45 for his time, plus parts and MOT.

I'll be taking it back there from now on, knowing that he'll look at the mileage and previous work done and only do what's necessary in future, saving me ££ss.

People who think they know what they're doing are especially annoying to those of us who do.
Currently in Emily's dad's garage:
1999 Scenic RXE, now gone as has the Alhambra that replaced it !
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome