Thread: Pattern Parts
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to SamWoerth
Originally Posted by
Would anyone recommend not buying genuine Renault parts, have found on eBay (groan) a seller selling ignition coils for 19.95. Should I be wary, I dn't require new ones but though they are half price than the Renault parts (46).
Hi, I was quoted 42 each by a local Renault dealer. However the independent garage I got the 02 Megane off fitted a used one to get me bye. Incidentally if a coil has become faulty causing a dashboard message, then even after fitting another one, a computer will be needed to rest the car's management. Some independent garages have this equipment. I understand the dealer's computer does not tell the engineer which pliug or coil is faulty - usually start at no. 2 though (front- second from left)
After reading the manuals, apparently when one goes, producing an emissions readout, the rest follow thereafter.
So I got a quote - DIY - 168 per set.
WARNING - the screw holding the coil is small - if you get heavy handed the head will break off. With care the job is easy though.
On the INTERNET ( Ebay ), only one outfit was offering them 65 a set, including VAT, delivery overnight. Plus THREE YEARS warranty!!
These have now been performing well for two months, and my garage has bought some too. The company also carries a vaste range of components for other makes also. We found their service fantastic. Needless to say the coils are brand new, but not stamped with Renault brand.
Only minor problem is, you must ensure the clearance angle when fitting the plug next to the oil filler - No 2.
SamWoerth - OAP Renault owner
Currently in SamWoerth's garage:
1.6 Megane Saloon MkII 04 - previous MkI - wrote off- back ended
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome