Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Setting Your Key Plip

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 14th March 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Setting Your Key Plip

Hi can anyone help please? I have an S reg Megane 1.6L

Despite following Leebo's brilliant advice, I still can't unlock the immobilizer using my key!

THis is what I did:

1. The immobilizer must be on.
2. Turn on your ignition
3. Enter your emergancy code using the central looking button
Did it
4. Turn ignition off
5. Within 10 seconds after turning off the ignition, press and hold the central door locking button for more than 2 seconds(the doors should lock then unlock and the red immobiliser light will illuminate)
you only now have 15 seconds to do the following
6. press the first plip 3 times within 1.5seconds close to your plip receiver in the roof console(the doors should lock then unlock on the 3rd press)
I did this but no joy. LED lights up but nothing happening at all

I had a small leak from the roof a couple of weeks ago so I wonder if the fuse has blown (the key fob seems to be OK, with the LED working). Where is the fuse for the sensor please and is it the same fuse as for the reading lights on the adjoining panel? These lights still work, although have always been a bit temporamental.

By the way the above process did mean I could get the engine started- thank goodness! - but I don't fancy using that method every time I want to use my car!

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Currently in flamodamo's garage:
Driving a S reg Megane 1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome