Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #92 of (permalink) Old 19th August 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
As tyre sensors go I have been very lucky so far with both my Lag 2's.I had my first experience with a puncture that I had repaired at my local Renault dealer (left loose wheel with them) when I put it back on , wheel sensor wasn't recognised by the car. Dealer sorted it while I waited foc (all part of the puncture repair charge 12 as I recall). Second instance was while motorway driving in torrential rain the whole sensor system announced it had failed, that cured itself the next day. I assumed the box under the rear wheel arch dried out. On a more positive note the service manager at the dealer that I bought my current s/h car from has been notching up brownie points with me. The latest was when I recently needed front tyre replacements. I supplied a brand new wheel with tyre fitted (standard valve) and a new tpm, he fitted them to one side (Id kerbed the original wheel) and he price matched on a new tyre for the other side, done while I waited including all the balancing, tpm setting up and he only charged me the price of the new tyre.
Currently in faffer's garage:
Qashqai, Alfa Spider & company Octavia
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome