Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Noisy Sunroof Megane II Sport Tourer :( Somebody please advise :(

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Unhappy Noisy Sunroof Megane II Sport Tourer :( Somebody please advise :(

Hi everyone,

Apologies as I have an existing thread regarding this issue, but I really need some help.

I travel to work on the motorway everyday, which makes this even more unbearable:

The sunroof is very noisy (whistling) when going 70mph or more, or when there is a strong wind. It gets to the point where you can't concentrate listening to the radio etc as it's rather loud.

It's as if the sunroof isn't sitting tightly enough on the seals...but not sure. When the car's parked the sunroof sits as it should, although I'm not sure if the front seal is sitting too low down - providing access for wind to get under the glass?

I'll post some photos of the glass closed and open, as I'm not sure if the seals are as they should be (the front main seal is wavy rather than a smooth curve).

Please can you help / advise with this as I've managed to get many issues sorted with this car but this one is really frustrating as it causes a rather annoying commute and I don't want to fall out with my car!

Currently in andyellis111's garage:
2014 Renault Megane Sport Tourer 1.6dci 130 GT Line TomTom SS with black and cream leather heated seats
  5 Lastest Threads by andyellis111
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Indicator relay / flasher - where is it? Electronics Nottnoc 2 1011 22nd April 2015 05:27 AM
Looking for ignition feed for auto dimming mirror Electronics andyellis111 5 888 10th January 2015 08:16 AM
Project: Integrated Electric Gate remote Electronics spacecadet 5 851 24th November 2014 06:43 PM
Hello I'm back! Collecting my new car on... Welcome to RenaultForums HeatherJ 6 983 23rd November 2014 08:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome