Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Noisy Sunroof Megane II Sport Tourer :( Somebody please advise :(

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Noisy Sunroof Megane II Sport Tourer :( Somebody please advise :(

Originally Posted by Pat.w View Post
A light smear of silicone grease on the seal might help to make it airtight. Certainly cheap enough to be worth a try
Cheers Pat, will try that. I'm also going to try the following too:
The little wind deflector that pops up when you open the roof is operated simply by metal spring loaded arms, which are released as the roof slides back. The one on the drivers side looks like it's been bent more than the other one, and the springs are bloody strong. Perhaps this arm has too much spring in it and is very slightly putting too much upwards pressure on the glass....I'm going to very carefully try and bend it back ever-so-slightly before I set off home tonight. I'll let you know whether it works or not!

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
I honestly don't know if its adjustable or not.......I doubt it would be a DIY job, these glass sections will be much heavier and awkward to lift than you'd imagine.
Cheers Paul, If the above doesn't work, I'll ask my local garage and see if they know someone local that may be able to look at it, unless they can...

Hoping for a low cost solution as my finances are in a sorry state at the mo!

Currently in andyellis111's garage:
2014 Renault Megane Sport Tourer 1.6dci 130 GT Line TomTom SS with black and cream leather heated seats
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome