Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 rear washer jet. Broken!

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2011
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to sheriffdude
Smile Re: Laguna 2 rear washer jet. Broken!

Originally Posted by craigieboy7 View Post
Morning all.
Decided to wash the car last night at work. Just as i began it started to rain. I thought what the hell, i'll just carry on with it. Everything was going fine when i caught the rear washer nozzle on the roof. It caught onto my wash mitt and snapped off. I now have a small hole in my roof. I still have the exterior parts(rubber seal and exterior nozzle), but the actual hoze has fell inside the roof lining! Hope i'm explaining it well enough. Currently the hole is bunged up with chewing gum, only thing i had to hand!!
Is there anyway i can get to it? I opened the hatch and eased down a bit of the rooflining, no joy!! I then popped out the rear interior light hoping to get at it. But it seems as if there's another harder rooflining above it. Can't get access! The local mechanic i go to can't be arsed with these type of jobs(Happy chappie), and i'm guessing it'll be a couple of hours labour at a dealers?
Really p****d off, such a little thing and i bet it's gonna cost a few bob.

Oh the car has a sunroof and curtain airbags if that's any help.

Cheers for any replies guys!!
ok just done the same thing pumping air into tires knocked it of after about a hour gave up but went back today to try again and sorry if they charged you 57 pound they ripped you off its a 10min job at the most so here is what you do take out the back light there you will see a small hole you can get about 4 finger through it get a hold off the small rubber hose now take off the jet get a friend to push the rubber hose back into where the hole in the roof is now reattach the jet to the hose and slide it back through the roof job done ..see it is made to go back through the roof but not back up the way it is a easy job when you no how to do it but myself and 2 friends were at it for ages in the rain and gave up but 57 pound what a rip off but at least you all know how to do it
Currently in sheriffdude's garage:
laguna 2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome