Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Fault History and a question or 2

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Laguna Fault History and a question or 2

Originally Posted by saabguy View Post
EGR valve should come out as a complete unit but its not unusual for it to break in half when removed.

Annoying vibration could be a faulty engine or gearbox mount not surpressing the idling.

Sticking brakes on my 2001 Lag was due to the brake sliders being worn out of round.

I'd be happy with 42mpg.

Hope that helps,

Well Andy, so far I have had the back brakes off, cleaned the sliders, they seemed pretty round too luckily, though they were a bit cruddy. Refitted and used non-metallic grease on them and back of pads. Apart from fiddling with the brake cable on one side, causing it to come off its mount inside the car, requiring me to remove the chuffing centre console- doh, the back end seems good now. Just have to do front sometime soon too.
Took front bit of egr off again, cleaned it ...again!. Bit of oil on it. Cant work out if it is from inlet or throttle damper yet. (should there be a seal between damper and manifold?)
Have looked elswhere on forum as regards fluid to use on trying to loosen rest of egr vv. most say carb cleaner. However I have brake cleaner left over. Would that be just as efficient do you think?
Thank you again for your help.
Currently in dave170's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9dCi 120
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome