Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Tourer Tailgate glass not opening

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Tourer Tailgate glass not opening

Hi all. I have a Laguna II sports tourer and the rear tailgate glass does not open. I have removed the motor and opening it up and it seems like new, no water ingress etc.

There's just a little motor inside and when connected up to a supply it turns not problems, but when plugged in the car, it does not turn at all..

Is it suppose to work when the tailgate is opened? or does it open when you unlock the car??? There are 6 wires that go to this little component and even in the haynes manual you only get a wiring diagram for doors and boot, it does not include this tailgate glass motor..!!!

Does anyone know were I can get a wiing diagram as this would be very helpful even though when the switch is opererated manually the boot light comes on and goes off....

Also when I do get it to work, looking at the mechanics of the motor when I opened it up it does not look like it locks itself, so everytime you unlock your car you have to push the rear glass until it locks in??? Or like I said before does the catch only suppose to unlock the glass when the tailgate release switch is pressed

Hope someone can help...

Currently in merky's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II Tourer 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by merky
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Grand Scenic 1.9dci does not start Engines merky 2 909 25th November 2013 08:17 PM
Knocking from front on rough roads Steering and Suspension davesss 3 1475 13th October 2007 09:16 PM
Laguna II 1.9dci takes ages to start Engines madnoel10 4 1856 1st October 2007 08:20 PM
Laguna II 1.9dci 2002 Low compression Engines dazid1 12 6290 7th May 2007 08:54 PM
Camshaft Timing Marks Not there Engines tankpzk6 8 8798 22nd April 2007 10:20 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome