Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Looking for some advice post service...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Looking for some advice post service...

Hi, I've just taken my Clio 3 diesel through a service at an independant garage and wanted to get some second opinion from the pros here. On the sheet there are some suggested items, but I'm not sure quite what to think of it and whether or not they are trying it on slightly? Here's a break down...

I was quoted 46 for replacing the wipers??! Sounds a bit steep, no indication if they are genuine parts or after market.

Brake fluid, 60!??

Slightly play in a steering arm. 135. How important might this be?

Timing belt. Yes it's been 5 years, but they also want to replace the waterpump and tensioners. 450! When it comes to the pump though, I'm an 'if it aint broke don't fix it type'. False economy or not, I don't know?

Labour time 75 per hour. Genuine dealership OK and I know they don't have the choice over labour time, but as far as independants go, I do know from insider knowledge and know that insurance companies pay 20-25 per hour for labour!!

Thoughts anyone?
  5 Lastest Threads by mrgarrett
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bodywork damage after service? Cars & motoring jack daniels 3 1080 25th March 2011 05:07 PM
Looking for some advice post service... Cars & motoring Emily's dad 12 2196 24th March 2011 03:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome